Yes, dear, who? stressed? Me? Are you crazy? No lah: I only have two papers for the office, and yup, they are academic papers, serious ones! And I actually passed the deadlines already. I have to finish the second draft of another paper I will have to present at the Word Bank office in DC. I have to leave for DC in four days and haven’t prepared anything for that. Some kids at the office did some crapy jobs. One kid even created a big mess so that we missed the best candidate for a researcher at pshk. I have not slept for four days and had very few hours of sleep in a week to work on the paper. I haven’t sent out some emails to arrange meetings with colleagues in DC, New York, and LA. I haven’t sent an email to a professor at Harvard to ask his availability to meet me. I haven’t written anything for the USINDO conference. I have not completed two reports on alternative law group project. I haven’t arranged anything for mom’s birthday that I’ll miss because I have to leave Jakarta on that day. I did not sleep for four days and had very few hours of sleep in a week to work on the paper. I have a meeting with unicef tomorrow and am not prepared at all. Afterwards in the afternoon I have to give political mapping and advocacy advice to the coalition for public services and I haven't prepared anything. Some people insist to have meetings within this last week of ramadhan and I have to juggle the appointments. Well, maybe then I have to skip the buka puasa bersama of my FHUI friends. I have a buka puasa bersama of isjapala, my gank at FHUI in two days and as usual the guys count on me to organise it. Oh, and have I mentioned that I havn't slept for four days and had very few hours of sleep in a week to work on the paper? The last two papers from Nigeria and South Africa just came to my inbox and that means I am the only one who hasn’t sent the paper and that makes me … yes, ooh, well, maybe I am stressed. But the good thing is: now I know that if we read "stressed" backward, then it’s actually "desserts"! What a useful knowledge!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Stressed or not stressed, that’s the question
Yes, dear, who? stressed? Me? Are you crazy? No lah: I only have two papers for the office, and yup, they are academic papers, serious ones! And I actually passed the deadlines already. I have to finish the second draft of another paper I will have to present at the Word Bank office in DC. I have to leave for DC in four days and haven’t prepared anything for that. Some kids at the office did some crapy jobs. One kid even created a big mess so that we missed the best candidate for a researcher at pshk. I have not slept for four days and had very few hours of sleep in a week to work on the paper. I haven’t sent out some emails to arrange meetings with colleagues in DC, New York, and LA. I haven’t sent an email to a professor at Harvard to ask his availability to meet me. I haven’t written anything for the USINDO conference. I have not completed two reports on alternative law group project. I haven’t arranged anything for mom’s birthday that I’ll miss because I have to leave Jakarta on that day. I did not sleep for four days and had very few hours of sleep in a week to work on the paper. I have a meeting with unicef tomorrow and am not prepared at all. Afterwards in the afternoon I have to give political mapping and advocacy advice to the coalition for public services and I haven't prepared anything. Some people insist to have meetings within this last week of ramadhan and I have to juggle the appointments. Well, maybe then I have to skip the buka puasa bersama of my FHUI friends. I have a buka puasa bersama of isjapala, my gank at FHUI in two days and as usual the guys count on me to organise it. Oh, and have I mentioned that I havn't slept for four days and had very few hours of sleep in a week to work on the paper? The last two papers from Nigeria and South Africa just came to my inbox and that means I am the only one who hasn’t sent the paper and that makes me … yes, ooh, well, maybe I am stressed. But the good thing is: now I know that if we read "stressed" backward, then it’s actually "desserts"! What a useful knowledge!
No comments:
Post a Comment