Friday, February 09, 2007

Rain and Brain

Long time no post ya. Well, internet connection in the office still doesn’t work because of the stupid flood. Been using either the office next door’s wifi, which is quite frustrating as it goes up and down, or dial up connection. Now I somehow found again this unsecured wifi in the air and I’m using it. I know this is very unsafe. Especially considering the office’s profile and the fact that some people are playing big brother on me. But… whatever!

The stupid flood. I didn’t really feel it. The 22nd floor apartment is fine and the apartment is apparently worth it. Read some stories that some apartments had blackout, some had water usage schedule, some was even flooded. Ours has been just fine, nicely standing there next to the green cemetery, with daily changed flower bouquet in the lobby and in front of the lift.

Didn’t really feel it also because I was in Aceh when it got high. Missed the plane because of the flooded toll road (what an oxymoron!) though, but managed to catch the next one. Aceh trip was nice. It’s even nicer than usual because it’s rather cold and because I was inspired by the discussion we had. I had mie razali kepiting again (aceh version of one hour noodle) and ayam tangkap and funny stories about Mbak Yenni’s Lambe Melon. Abang and the bad boy were not there, they got stuck in my city instead.

I haven’t slept normally for two weeks. Within this past week I had even been working on the yellow sofa until I had fallen asleep, usually not long after the morning prayer’s call. This morning I thought last night would the last sleepless nite. But no. Still got one office thing to do, one personal research due on the 14th, and two papers for conferences. Plus, if Baim managed to write something for Pak Dan’s memorial conference, I would also need to write a short paper to be presented in front of UI teleconference thingy so that the folks in Seattle could see our pretty faces (well, to put it right: my pretty face and Baim’s terrorist-like face).

The flood makes me sad and upset. Sad because I remember Nenek so much and also because the people in the kampungs that have been my source of energy are suffering because of it. Upset because Sutiyoso the governor and Aburizal Bakrie the coordinating minister (whatever that means) for people’s welfare (yeah right!) managed to make utterly stupid comments about the flood. Arbo managed to set up KutipanGoblogSpot to record the stupid quotations. He's so proud of it and he has the right to be proud as it's actually a cool blog I have to admit.

I am tired. But I just cannot stop this flood of energy in my brain. Writing makes me read more and more books and reading leads me to find more interesting stuff which would inspire me to write even more. And writing the new ideas makes me read more and more books.. and so on. It’s like a vicious circle .. vicious for my body, but not for my brain. A said I am a crazy workaholic and instructed me to sleep, with the memory as the incentive in an email sent at 4am (gosh I miss him). Mas anes also said I am crazy though he was glad because now he found a person that has a strange body clock as he does. Frank already gave up asking me to quit. I for sure will quit lah, eventually. No worries. Surely I'll be lazy again as usual, soon :-). I can be so extremely lazy and useless (I once was sitting on the floor next to the window for an hour only to watch the rain just because I love rain - it was my rain watching session :-)) and then when I feel like doing something I just cannot stop. I am just an all out person, I guess :-P.

No comments: