Monday, February 26, 2007

My Recent Entertainment

Ah good, the Departed just won four oscars. I frankly did not know that Martin Scorsese never had gotten the oscar before, really. His films are always good so that I always thought he won. But what is oscar anyway? Well yeah, obviously better than Piala Citra! Hehehe.

I watched the Departed and I loved it, though as usual I hated the violence. Just like when I watched Blood Diamond. I think Blood Diamond is good, although the ending is so over-romantic so that it ruins the admiration I had before. But I hated the violence so much, I almost stepped out of the cinema. But how can I explain that I like Kill Bill, then? Well, as long as I don’t watch it in a big screen I can always close my eyes or shut my ears :-P (OK, I know rotten.com, but I’m not crazy about it).

Watching Blood Diamond is as grey as watching No Man’s Land or Black Hawk Down, and also Constant Gardener. But Blood Diamond for me is more depressing. The world is so grey and my (and maybe: our) cynicism over the UN and politicians are so fertilised. But for you Indonesians, if you think the story of blood diamond only happens in Africa, you should also look at this “beloved” country. Check out this page about “dirty gold” and also, JATAM’s website. The expensive PR companies have successfully made the stories nice, the cases are losing in the Courts, and the NGOs look ugly. But the truth is out there. And what is “truth” anyway? All is bespectacled.

But I love “The Queen” (and I missed A). Watch it. I love it because it’s so English :-). I think Hellen Mirren is great. And the palace is so nice. English, palace, royal family.. that's why I love VIP weekends with Ian Wright on Discovery Travel and Living. Also, I think the Queen's dogs are cute. I want to have dogs. I also want to be a party planner like David Tutera, again on Discovery Travel and Living. I initially wanted to be a party planner with Frank when I want to stop working on this field, but lately I also want to have a daycare for children, or maybe a kindergarten teacher. Too many things I want ya :-), maybe because I'm so sick of this grey world. It's always nice to have dreams.

2 comments:

Alda Doang said...

After watching BLOOD DIAMOND here's an idea : Why don't we make a campaign, for women not to wear any diamond in any parts of their bodies??!! is it too extreme?

Bivitri Susanti said...

not that easy Say. It's not the diamond itself, but how to get it. To tell you the truth, I, too, have a very very tiny (cannot afford a bigger one) diamond in my wedding ring ;-)