In many occasions, it was only because I was just too crazy playing with time and last minute (but very sweet..) rendezvouses. But I stopped that game ;-). I am better with time management. Really. I don't know whether it's "the german influence" :-) or I just realised (finally) that it is better to manage my time than dealing with the stress.
Once in a city in Indonesia (I think it was Medan) I arrived okay but the check-in lady was extremely slow so that 3 people including me were late and she actually denied our check in. We complained and complained as annoying as we could be.. and finally she got us in the next flight without additional fee. Well it was HER fault! But the stress was bad for my health - I could feel it.
Last week in Banda Aceh. I was late as I had my last interview at Pendopo at 4pm (and my flight was at 5.40pm) and I had not picked up my luggage at the hotel. The driver drove like crazy and I was very stresses. Then he took over a fortuner, succesfully, until the fortuner chased us and actually stopped us! It's apparently a car of a snobbish police officer. We had to deal with him. And then I ran (literally) to the check in. And. worse thing happened: they messed up my booking because I changed my schedule too many times! They got me in the next morning flight. I was stressed so that I wanted to cry as I have 3 meetings in the morning. The stress was bad for my health and my professional life - I could feel it. I canceled had to cancel and made my evening better by meeting old friends. But losing 12 hours was bad, couldn't catch up with my work the next day as I had to leave for another trip the day after.
In Hanoi September last year. The organiser mixed up my schedule with Malaysian Air, while I actually flew SQ. I was late and the check-in lady again denied me and there is only one flight per day Hanoi-Sin. There are other companies going to Sin but it was too late. So I had to stay another night in Hanoi. I was stressed because of the feeling of being stranded in a city I am not familiar with. The stress was really bad to my health - I could feel it. But then Tina took me to the chocolate buffet at Sofitel Hanoi. Chocolate always works for me :-D
Now: I am stranded here at LAX. Great, the organiser mixed up my schedule. I left my hotel at 10am (LA time) and here I am at 5.48pm and have to wait until 10pm to fly to DC. My "rombongan sirkus" already left at 12.50. Bad. Bad. Bad. The stress is crazy - I could feel it.
I wonder how can I cope with the stress I had in this kind of situation plus the Jakarta traffic plus the deadline-passing stress and I am still alive?? I am alive!
On my effort to be more positive and become a better person :-), since 2 days ago I promised myself not to say outloud that "I am tired" or "I am stressed" or anything like that to avoid influencing my brain so that my body would be affected. But now? Oh well, I was stressed and I passed that stage already, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment