Wednesday, November 29, 2006

On the Word "Alluring"

"... I think it's the same with people.
I see in them little details, so specific to each other,
that move me, and that I miss,
and...will always miss.
You can never replace anyone,
because everyone is made of suchbeautiful specific details."
[Before Sunset]

Met him six years ago (wow, I was still in my 20-s! hihi), but he said it was seven years ago. And he remembers every detail of the first time he saw me in a discussion forum. And I don't remember anything about that (Dory!).

"Hey, I was waiting for your call the whole day!"
"Oh ya? I have been waiting for you for years!"

The sweetest thing about it is because I found my old diaries just several weeks ago and I found his name in one of them. So yes, he meant something. I was smiling as I read my diary, remembering the days when I was waiting for his phone calls, the lunches, the winks in some meetings with the devil. And of course, the lunch we missed before he left Jakarta.

Alluring, mmhh... that's a nice and very english word, thanks.

Great to see you again! Yes, I am married now, and how are your children, love?*

Footnote: *Some of the conversations are true ones and some are imaginary :-)

No comments: