I am so excited to know how he's doing now. He's a friend. Really only friend. He is indeed attractive ;-). But I used to have this "rule" for myself that I can have as many boyfriends and flingmates as I want, so long as none of them is from my circle of friends in B, as it was my nongkrong place, around which my life was once centred :-P.
He was one of the three good male friends I picked to accompany me to see Metallica in Jakarta when I had 4 VVIP Metallica tickets from my dear tante and her rich boyfriend. We, with other B friends, used to hang out together, get stoned together, get drunk together, sneaked out of the class to smoke, and did all teenagers would do at that time (or not). When the whole high school went to Jogja and Bali for a tour I used to be where the boys would get their "stuff" from (teachers don't expect a female student to have those things in her girly bag, do they? :-)).
Now? He lives as normal life as a person could (btw, he was almost over dosed of drugs at some point). He works in a bank; and what makes me excited is, he is now a collector of history and antique books! He now loves books, isn't that amazing? Seriuosly! He was in Kompas and Sindo last week because of his collection. He is even writing a novel based on an old manuscript he found. I am so proud of him.
Two weeks ago. An old female friend who lives in LA called (she often does :-) ever since she knows I am in the same continent). It's a bit weird. Cos we were never really "friends". We were in the same class in the first year of SMA (gosh, I didn't even remember), but she was just not in my big circle of friends. She was, err, sorry to say this, weird. She was stalking on a boy she liked and all that. Suddenly she said something about face book and said, "yeah and you remember E?" "She was such a bitch in the junor high school and look at her now with her son!". (ehm, sure I do, she is one of my BFFs. Are you saying that I was also a bitch, honey?). "Yeah, people change. I am also very different now," she continues. It made me think for a while. How do people look at me now?
But this post isn't about me. This is about how people around young-me changed. I am so happy to hear how that dear friend of mine is doing. My BFFs (bitches! :-)) are unbelieveably all happily married women (I frankly don't value married women higher than unmarried ones, but it's the context: when I looked at how we were... wow, marriage is indeed somethin' for us! :P) with children. Happy to hear some friends who used to get crazy with me are also doing fine. Well, there are of course also some unsuccesful stories. But you just cannot judge from how one acted during school time. It's just different with friends in the university, colleagues and people you hang out with in the clubs.
What one will become? You can never know. It's so cliche, but the fact is, only time answers that. It all depends on the person, which path she/he chooses. Right? I mean, people who knew me when I was in my senior high school and met in the clubs wouldn't have thought that this is the same person ;-). Well, except maybe for the kecoak phobic.
No comments:
Post a Comment