I am back! After my (another) crazy travelling experience: Banda Aceh-Jakarta-LA-DC-New York-Dallas-Jakarta-Bali-Banda Aceh-Lhokseumawe-Takengon-Bener Meriah-Meulaboh-Banda Aceh-Jakarta in a month.
Now here I am, back to crazy but lovable Jakarta. But I am still working on something else, not yet fully back to the office. “Kejar setoran” for Seattle as si uni teased me this afternoon. I need it, uni, not only the money but the experience. I have been learning a lot and reading a lot for the last three assessment/evaluations I did. Information flows like crazy into my brain. It’s tiring, but I love it. I like the moment where I talk to different people, digging stories from them, share experiences and noted down some interesting facts and anecdotes (that I can never remember in my tiny brain unless if I write them). I always wanted to tell the office kids about this crazy feeling, but I think it is just my thing – not many people can understand this crazy feeling. I think I am a nerd. Also, I keep my mouth shut as I think I have been too cerewet to them, as if I am confirming the post-power syndrom myth.
Post power sydrom to me it’s a myth. It’s about being less busy that hurts, not being less powerful. So long as I can make myself busy I do not mind being “no one” – I am someone to myself and people around me as they are to me. I think life is too beautiful and too worthy in its details to be regarded only in power, money and so forth.
So, yes, I am happy with many report/paper deadlines (as usual) to catch, networking plan to do, personal/ family admin stuff (passports, banking, apartment buying, family dinner, widhy giving birth) to take care of, catching up and socialising meet ups to arrange, and future life in Seattle (or Leiden) to plan and to dream about.
I have also been reading books and articles, many of them. And as usual, apart from the short stories collection book, I have not finished the reading the books :-). I have been jumping from one book to another, back and forth, like crazy. As crazy as I am with distractions and dynamics and variations. Like my travelling, my different groups of friends and exploring life hobbies.
So I have sooo many things in my mind. They are crawling, jumping and running around in my small brain like crazy while I did not have time to write them. You can see the result as you are reading this, right? :-D. This post has too many side stories and no focus. Oh well, I don’t know what actually I wanted to write, I just thought I need to kick start. I have stories in my mind, waiting to be written, some are already even being drafted in my brain. So some posts below that you might have read, or you will read, were actually written long after I experienced it, i.e only after I wrote this one! :-) I lied on the date of posting :-) sorry.. lucky that blogspot has that cheating facility.
3 comments:
you really ought to write more and tell more stories. so what if they call you geek?
makes the bee buzz, geeks.
I thought more about the cheating part. Definetely different definition of 'cheating' that comes to mind though :-D
-infotainmen MODE ON -
Treespotter: Yes, I am trying to, honey. I thought not being an ED enymore would make my life easier, but apparently it is not quite right :-)
Gepede: that's the purpose of having such title, dear ;)).
Post a Comment