Monday, April 23, 2007

This month's Regrets

Things I regret during these past 4 weeks:
  1. Talking about things I do not need to talk about
  2. Talking about data that I haven't verified, especially when I then know that I used a wrong one :(
  3. Going out with people (apparently) I don't like
  4. Missing two trainings I wanted only because I cannot cope with other tasks
  5. Missing the deadline for study proposal because I cannot juggle it with my other tasks
  6. Participating in stupid discussions
  7. Confirming my participation in some events and promising some writings while I actually have a too-full plate already
  8. Unnecessary comments in public
Things I don't understand within this month:
  1. Why do some people come to Jakarta at the same time? and none of them showed up when needed? Why now at the same time, when some deadlines are passed and reports are due?
  2. Why some people at the office are not reliable?
  3. Why do I have such an asshole brother?
  4. Why cockroaches are created? (just killed 2) If Sidharta Buddha is correct about the karma and the life after death, who then would become cockroaches?
  5. Why some rich people have gross habits and tacky clothes.. and worse: why do I have to know them personally??
  6. Why do some rich people have gross habits?? (note: I'm intentionally repeating it)
  7. Why do some people around me have gross habits and NEVER UNDERSTAND THAT I HATE THEM? (note the differences with sentences number 5 and 6)
  8. Why did I promise things I cannot fulfil and said things I should not have said?
  9. How can I be so stupid and lazy?
  10. Why cockroaches are created? (this is actually my lifetime quest, really, they are so useless, even in the ecological food chain! Okay, I saw (twice) a gecko ate a whole cockroach, but c'mon, only for geckos? and geckos eaten by who?)
Impact: acute stress
Solution: Refrain from talks and unnecessary promises, hide/disappear/disguise as a bee/leaves/rain drop/cell phone/whatever, take leave from the real world... bury myself under my books and laptop... hik.. hik... hik...

[the pic is from toothpaste for dinner]

*footnote for the pic: the pic does not apply to me considering my no-dinner diet and the fact that no body prepares dinner for me

No comments: