Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My favourite things

I came to a discussion on a book making in hotel millenium at 3 mins to 9 am as it was scheduled for 9am, you see I already absorbed the german habit of punctuality hehe. Though punctuality is not well-appreciated here in this "jam karet" society (the painting would immediately pop up in my mind whenever I talk about being late), but at least I try. The discussion only started at 10.30!! but far than complaining, I feel very good as the people there are the people I always admire in a way or another. I learnt a lot, I reflected a lot. The discussion was very good and then I stayed for an extended lunch with bang dd, mbak jp, etc.

On the way back to the office, I listened to some classic rock music, stopped by at dapur cokelat to buy some pralines for the office kids and a glass of cold chocolate drink for myself. Traffic jam and stupid Kopaja drivers who stop anywhere they want did ot bother me at all. Suddenly I remember this song: my favourite things

When the dog bites
when the bee stings
when I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
and then I would feel allright
Chocolate, music, newly absorbed information and knowledge, small talk with taxi driver, and some up close focuses on the street vendors and people on the bus. I feel fine this afternoon.

No comments: