ergo, oceanus, maritimus,
ergo opacare, matutinus,
ergo septentrio, meridies,
ergo occidens et orientis,
ergo oceanus, maritimus, opacare, matutinus, septentrio, meridies, occidens
et orientis,
ergo terra, stella, hiems et aestas,
ergo autumnus et tempus vernum
ergo radius solis et umbra, ignis, aqua,caelum, luna, terra, stella, hierns
et aestas, autumnus et tempus vernum... tempus vernum.
(Therefore, ocean, sea. Therefore, dusk, dawn. Therefore, north, south. Therefore west and east. Therefore ocean, sea, dusk, dawn, north, south, west and east. Therefore earth, star, winter and summer. Therefore autumn and spring time. Therefore ray of the sun and shade, fire, water, sky, moon, earth, star, winter and summer autumn and spring time...)
[Enya, Tempus Vernum]
Spring is coming in Seattle. I can see the cherry blossoms again. Beautiful. I was suddenly struck by the song yesterday though I listened to it so often. The song's brief yet beautiful, short yet has wonderfully deep meaning to me.
Spring, summer, autumn, winter are in the cycle of life, like the ocean, sun, wind, water, everything in nature. They 'depend' on each other: ergo. Why does spring exist? Because of the summer, the winter, the autumn, the wind, the sun, the rain, the cherry blossoms, the grass. Spring is not a better season than winter, as moon is not less meaningful than the sun, for the spring does not exist without the winter and moon takes care of life, in her own way, in the place where the sun is temporarily unseen.
To me it is also a beautiful passage about the binary model, the binary opposition. I even dragged it into my life quest about existence. The "ergo" word as much as the spring, summer, autumn, water, sun, ocean, sky, moon. I know why I
suddenly was struck by the song yesterday: it's the spring in my brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment